Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Using math typesetting in Blogger



I have been looking for a way to use math typesetting on blogger and the best way I have found so far is to use . Since I prefer to use $\LaTeX{}$ for my math typesetting, this allows me to enter the $\LaTeX{}$ commands in the HTML mode (all I need to do is surround the $\LaTeX{}$ code with a $\$$ before and after) and then MathJax will automatically render it for me and paste it in the Blogger post.

To enable MathJax to do this in my posts, I just enter the script in the HTML body at the top:

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">   MathJax.Hub.Config({tex2jax: {inlineMath: [['$','$'], ['\\(','\\)']]}}); </script> <script src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML" type="text/javascript"> </script>